The Top Model
The F2 is the newest aircraft from Flight Design general aviation. One we think will define light aircraft safety, performance and comfort in a CS-23 certified aircraft, as an S-LSA and also as a 600 Kg Ultralight. The F2 brings a fresh look at high-wing light aircraft design with class leading safety features and an innovative Garmin avionic suite.
The spacious ‘extra-large’ cabin of the F2 has been designed for extra rigidity and incorporates a combination of dynamically tested passenger seats, panel-mounted AMSAFE ™ airbags and an Airframe Emergency Parachute System (AEPS) for your safety. The atmosphere inside the F2 is improved with many clever design features, the modern heating/fresh air system and comfortable leather covered, electrically-adjustable seating.
The structure of the F2 is manufactured to close tolerances in pre-impregnated carbon fiber for great structural strength and light weight. Flight Design general aviation has created an international team of light aircraft industry specialists and designers to collaborate on the F2. The advanced features of the F2 will make all your flights safer and more enjoyable but also a better environment for learning how to fly.
Flight Design is committed to remain the leader in the Ultralight industry by employing progressive design concepts and modern safety features.
A modern aircraft should have all the features seeking to improve performance, situational awareness and reduce the pilot workload. The F2 includes:
- All Garmin avionics suite with G3X screens for synthetic vision, ADS-B weather, traffic, engine monitoring and maps
- Single lever throttle and brake system
- Advanced start system for the Rotax 912iS
- Dynamically tested, electrically adjusted seats
- AMSAFE airbags and inertial reel seat belts
- No touch fuel system with electric fuel gauges
- DLE outer wing optimized for spin resistance
- Drag reducing sculpted winglets
- Wide composite main gear
- Massive center tunnel for cabin rigidity
- Titanium firewall with soundproofing
- Low drag cowling with easy-to-latch system
- Heat exchanger heating system
- Electric trim and pre-selector flap system.
- Cavernous rear cabin for luggage, bicycles or pets!
|Length||6.86 m||22.50 ft|
|Height||2.34 m||8.75 ft|
|Wing span||9.872 m||32.3 ft|
|Wing||11.1 sq.m||120 sq.ft|
|Horizontal tail||2.05 m²||22.04 ft²|
As a modern and advanced light aircraft, the F2 uses propulsion systems that match the efficient concept of the airframe, the Rotax 912iS and Turbocharged 915iS. Both engines offer a high level of sophistication, redundancy and efficiency. With the Flight Design ‘Smart Start’ and CFD designed split flow cooling systems, the F2 starts easily and keeps it cool even in the hottest climates. Oil and Coolant thermostats complete the temperature management and all systems are easily accessible under the quick-to-remove cowling. The New F2 comes with two of the most advanced engines for light aviation:
F2 912IS FUEL INJECTED
The 912iS features precisely controlled fuelair mixture for ultra-smooth power delivery, improved high altitude performance, more useful torque and improved fuel economy.
- 100–hp Rotax 912iS with fuel injection
- 1352 c.c. 10.5 : 1 compression ratio
- Gearbox: 2.43 : 1 reduction ratio
- Fuel: Both engines use premium unleaded auto
fuel or 100 LL Avgas
F2 915IS TURBO FUEL INJECTED
The 915iS is a new turbocharged engine from Rotax that matches the fuel injection of the 912iS to a powerful turbocharger and intercooler. Wherever you fly, the Flight Design F2 has the engine power choice best suited to your exact
- 141-hp Rotax 915iS turbo with fuel injection
- Turbo intercooled, electronic management system
- Max takeoff power up to FL15, Service ceiling FL25!
|Performance at MTOW||650 kg (1433 lbs.)|
|VH: Max. horizontal speed||233 km/h (126 kts)|
|VNE: Max. permissible airspeed||252 km/h (136 kts)|
|Take-off run (flap +15 degree)||140 m|
|Take-off distance over 15 m obstacle||250 m|
|Max. range (30 min reserve)||2000 km|
*The never–exceed speed (VNE) demonstrated during flight testing is 300 km/h but is limited in the individual case by the ballistic recovery system installed or national regulations.
|Typical empty weight (equipped with rescue system)||380 kg||837.75 Lbs.|
|Max. take-off weight||650 kg||1433 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||130 l||34.3 gal|